I was so happy last week (I still am, eheh) because my very first article has been published by a great Yoga website. I’ve wrote it with all my heart, but I wasn’t very sure it would be published, because:
1. Who am I?
2. My english skills in writing are not that good.
But YOGANONYMOUS team was very kind, and they edited it, corrected the bad grammar, choosed some great pictures and published it! I’m so happy. More than 700 people like it already (I go back to it everyday to see if that number has grown. I know).
I don’t know if I can publish it here, but I like this article so much that I want to share with my only-few-but-very-loved followers. I’ve selected some excerpts. Check it out:
5 Reasons Sun Salutations are the Best Way to Start Your Day
1. Practicing at least three Sun Salutations in the morning is a wonderful way to awaken your body, to stretch, to say good morning to each of your muscles. It’s also a great way to know your body and its limits since in the morning we are “raw”, so to speak—our muscles still need to be “warmed”.
2. Sun Salutations give you a lot of power. It’s an energetic sequence designed to make you strong, powerful, glowing, confident. Specially when I am in Ardha Uttanasana (half standing foward bend), I like to look up with a strong spine and think: I’m able to deal with any challenge throughout my day.
3. I like to wake up at 5:30 everyday—sometimes even 4-4:30 on special occasions (the sun rises early where I live). Its opened up more space in my day. Its enhanced my productivity and helped me to get things done more wisely, giving me more free time to do what I want and to plan my life.
4. I believe that the same way the sun awakens the seed that grows—always looking for the sun—towards the sun, so does our inner strength and power grow. It can be awakened by the sun and nurtured by it so that we also can do great things.
5. The more you practice, the more you notice that the asanas are interconnected.
The sequence in Surya Namaskar is perfect. It’s designed to center you in your heart, to focus your mind, to energize and to give you strength and also inner power (the good one). It’s made in such a way that you’ll reap the benefits very quickly, and it’s also very accessible. You can do the adjustments that best suit your body, and practice it everyday.
Have you liked it? I’d love to hear your comments about it.
You can also read the full article on YOGANONYMOUS blog.
Don’t forget to like it and share it. Let’s spread some love for the beautiful Sun we have.